For me, being a physiotherapist is such a rewarding role, meeting and getting to the root cause of my clients’ pain, putting them at ease and helping them to achieve their goals and reach their full physical potential is so important.
I’m lucky enough to meet a range of people with different physiotherapy needs, from sports injuries to problems with general balance and mobility, work related disorders and trauma. It makes every day interesting and a challenge!
I treat acute injuries and long term biomechanical problems in clinic, and I offer home visits to those who can’t get to the clinic or who wish to remain as independent as possible around the house. We’re certainly not just a sports injuries clinic!
I have also completed an acupuncture course and I can now offer this service and find that it is a fantastic way of treating a number of symptoms where more traditional methods of physiotherapy have been unsuccessful.
People tell me my enthusiasm spurs them on to achieve their goals with renewed vigour – that’s the greatest reward for me – I couldn’t have chosen a more enjoyable career.
In my life
Keeping fit is a major part of my life, and I enjoy being physically fit and active. I’m a regular gym goer and have completed a number of half marathons and multi-sport events, as well as the annual attempt to get a London Marathon ballot place which has so far been unsuccessful! I’m definitely more of a taking part kind of girl, but love the challenge and of achievement of completing something outside of my comfort zone.
Some of my qualifications and post-graduate training
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, First Class Honours York St John University (2011)
- The UK 2013 Discover Physio Series
- David Butlers ‘Explain Pain’ – supporting long term and chronic pain disorders.
- 2012 Physio First Conference – When is it appropriate for athletes to return to sport, treatment and sports rehabilitation.
- ISM Integrated Systems Model Mastermind Conference (2016)
- Shockwave Training Course (2016)
- Western Musculoskeletal Acupuncture and Dry Needling- foundation course and refresher (2017)