Visceral Manipulation is a hands-on therapy that aims to encourage normal tone and movement both within and between the internal organs, their connective tissue and other structures where normal movement has been impaired. This approach was developed by French Osteopath Jean-Pierre Barral.
The Importance of Movement
Life requires movement. If there are restrictions in the body preventing movement then they will prevent optimum health. All the organs & tissues have to be able to slide and glide over each other in response to movement. Visceral Manipulation aims to allow this freedom of movement to be restored.
Visceral Manipulation can help to:
- Restore physiologic motion to tissues and enhance normal movement of the body.
- Release restriction of tissue, adhesions or scars.
- Increase the rate of tissue repair.
- Return normal circulation to the body.
- Improve breakdown & removal of waste products.
- Normalise tone in muscles & promote normal function
- Reduce inflammation & pain.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Re-establish the body’s ability to adapt & restore itself to health, balance & vitality.
Our Practice Director and Clinical Lead, Jacqui Taylor, has trained with The Barral Institute, UK. If you would like to find out more about Visceral Manipulation and whether it may help you, please get in touch and arrange to speak with Jacqui.
We also now offer vouchers for all of our services. So if you want to give someone the gift of treatment contact us or call in to our practice to enquire about our vouchers.