Working as a Complementary Therapist, I offer Reflexology, Holistic and Deep Tissue Massage, Emmett Technique and ScarWork Massage Therapy.
I am fully quailed within all my therapies and registered with the Association of Reflexology (AOR), Complementary therapist association (CThA) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare council (CNHC). These registrations enable clients to claim on their insurance if they are able, and also the CHNC is recognised by the NHS.
When I’m not working in the clinic, I volunteer one day a week at Cancer Support Yorkshire and work within the community for the Hospice at Home Palliative Care team. I also work closely with the Breast Care nurses offering ScarWork to ladies post Breast Cancer Surgery.
I have a special interest in working with post-operative scars, and have great job satisfaction in helping people to improve the feel and functionality of their scars and the surrounding area.
Reflexology will always be a firm favourite though. It was the first therapy I trained in and I love it!
In my life
Outside of work I am a keen fell runner, aspiring triathlete and also enjoy walking and spending as much time as I can with my lovely, but very opinionated pony, Peggy!
My Qualifications include;
- ITEC – Holistic Massage & Aromatherapy
- City & Guilds- Anatomy & Physiology
- City & Guilds – Reflexology (The International Institute of Reflexology)
- ITEC – Sports Massage
- Emmett Technique Practitioner
- ScarWork Practitioner, including post certification courses in Post Breast cancer and MSK Surgery
- BSC(Hons) Printing & Packaging Technology (from my former career!)
- 100meter Swim Badge – circa 1979